The Prophets of the Post Exile: Haggai, Zechariah, & Malachi
- Audio Download - $39.95
- MP3 CD-ROM - $44.95
The following books of the Bible are a compilation of Chuck's teachings from between 1997 and 2002, they are not new material.
HAGGAI, ZECHARIAH and MALACHI
It is an unfortunate misconception that because these books are called The Minor Prophets, their relevance to our lives is also minor. This couldn't be further from the truth. The richness of life's lessons and our prophetic hope permeate every word. Don't be tricked into missing these overwhelmingly rich studies.
In the book of Haggai we see God sending the prophet Haggai to challenge the people to rebuild which led to a significant turning point in their history.
Haggia's audience was the remnant. (They were not unbelievers.) They were the right people, living in the right place, wanting to do the right work, and for the right reasons. But their priorities were not right. They were caught up in their own pursuits. They were living for themselves rather than for God's glory. [Isn't that us?]
Zechariah is often called the Apocalypse of the OT, it presents the Messiah as: The Branch who will remove iniquity, The Stone, His Throne, His Temple, The Coming King, The Shepherd, The Triumphal Entry, on a donkey, His Betrayal for 30 pieces of silver, His Crucifixion, and His Second Coming: looking upon me whom they pierced.
It also focuses on the Day of YHWH, the return of Israel in unbelief, and their passing through the Great Tribulation; the siege of Jerusalem by the confederated Gentile powers, and their deliverance by King Messiah.
Zechariah also gives us the only physical description of the Antichrist in the Scripture. [It also seems to suggest a neutron bomb in Chapter 14.] It also may hold the solution to the enigma of Mystery Babylon and its relation to literal Babylon in prophecy.
Malachi means ''my messengers.''
Malachi ministered in the fifth century b.c., about 100 years after Cyrus had issued the decree in 538 b.c. which permitted Jews to return from exile to Judah. The destruction of Edom (re: Mal 1:3-5) was affected by the Nabatean Arabs who totally drove out the Edomites between 550 and 400 B.C., setting up their own Idumean state in its place.
This study contains 20 hours of verse by verse teachings.
Copyright © 10-01-1997
- Haggai - God’s Challenge to the People. Ezekiel’s 430 Years.
- Zechariah 1 - Introduction. Historic Interlude. Messianic Prophecies.
- Zechariah 1:18 - Zechariah 2 - The Four Horns and the Four Craftsmen. Man with a Measuring Line.
- Zechariah 3 - Christ Intervenes for us as our High Priest.
- Zechariah 4 - The Lampstand and Two Olive Trees. The Tabernacle.
- Zechariah 5 - The Flying Scroll. The Woman and the Ephah.
- Zechariah 6 - The Four Chariots. The Crowning of Joshua.
- Zechariah 7 and 8 - Attitudes of Obedience. The Question of Fasting. Are we serving ourselves or God?
- Review Session
- Zechariah 9 - Alexander the Great. The Unexpected King.
- Zechariah 10 - Idols. Shepherds. The Coming One.
- Zechariah 11 - The Good Shepherd. The Coming World Leader.
- Zechariah 12 - The Siege of Jerusalem. The Pierced One. Rabbinical view of two Messiahs. The Aleph and the Tau.
- Zechariah 13 - False Prophets. The Smitten One.
- Zechariah 14 - The return and reign of the Messiah.
- Malachi 1:1-5 - Introduction. Lost 10 Tribes Myth. The Remnant.
- Malachi 1:6-14 - Call to Be Authentic (in our profession, gifts, service).
- Malachi 2 - A Call to Love God Totally. A Call to Be Faithful.
- Malachi 3 - His Coming. God is Faithful. Giving.
- Malachi 4 - The Day of the Lord. Elijah. The Two Witnesses.
Session 1 of 20 - Haggai - God’s Challenge to the People. Ezekiel’s 430 Years.
Available in the following formats:Audio Download:
- Digital Audio Files
- Handbook (PDF Study Notes)
- Digital Audio Files on Disc
- Handbook (PDF Study Notes) on Disc
More information on Downloads.
More information on Audio and MP3 CDs.
The views and opinions expressed within are not necessarily those of CSN.
New Believer's Bible by Greg Laurie
New Believer’s New Testament NLT by Greg Laurie The New Believer’s Bible New Testament is uniquely designed to help the new Christian read, study, and understand the Bible. It includes...
The Four Emotions of Christmas
Each Christmas season is full of expectations that seem to get more inflated every year. Images of perfect families enjoying perfect holidays lead many of our friends and relatives to...
Truth For Life: 365 Daily Devotions, Volume Two
In this follow-up to Truth For Life: 365 Daily Devotions, Volume One, Alistair Begg explores passages from over 50 books in the Bible. Like volume one, volume two presents an...
Prayers of a Parent Bundle
Parenting is hard and marked by challenges and complexity. Sometimes the overwhelming nature of the task can leave us at a loss for words! This set of four Scripture-rich books...